FFS skips files

Get help for specific problems

har10

I sync files from my NAS and from my local HDU. Sync from my local HDU works mostly OK (sometimes it skips bigger files) but from my NAS it skips many files. The amount of files is adjusted by FFS so I can see how many files are really synced, but this amount is much lower than where FFS started with.
I use Win 8.1.

micha--

If you run a second time immedeately after the first, what happens with the kipped files?

har10

If you run a second time immedeately after the first, what happens with the kipped files?micha--
If I run for the second time the same happens: FFS sync a view files and then you see the amount of synced files suddenly go up and FFS says it has sync the files. The realy sync files amount is adjustedd to the real synced files amount so that is OK.
I sync to an external HDU. I approach the NAS with a drive letter.
I use no filters and use mirroring.

micha--

Is your problem like this one?:
viewtopic.php?t=334

har10

Is your problem like this one?:
viewtopic.php?t=334micha--
No, it does not like this problem, but I use Windows 8.1 to. In my case FFS does some files and than skips the rest. If I run FFS for a next time it sync some files and than skips the rest, and so on.

micha--

Please test it with a subfolder with less files (so you can better watch at the single files). --> Can you detect a rule?

har10

Please test it with a subfolder with less files (so you can better watch at the single files). --> Can you detect a rule?micha--
Dear Micha,

I've tested something else: running FFS on a Windows 7 platform. And that works OK. So it seems to be a problem with FFS in combination with Windows 8.1?

I red another discussion about Windows 8.1 and FFS. There was suggested to use a much older version of FFS (4.5) and that seemed to work on Windows 8.1. I will try this to and report back.