Where are settings stored

Discuss new features and functions

vsrawat

I could not find and options/ settings file (.cfg or .ini) in Program Files folder.

Where do you store ffs options/ settings of ffs on hard disk?

or is it directly kept in windows registry?

If it is not stored as a file on hd, I suggest please DO start storing the setting as a hard disk file, and update the file whenever these are changed by users.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

Plerry

Did you check the GlobalSettings.xml -file?
See https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=expert-settings

vsrawat

there is no GlobalSettings.xml in my w10-64 bit at C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync or any folder below it.

I am at ffs 8.4 version.

Where is this file stored? May be that can be updated in the above manual.php link

therube

Also try a search for *.ffs_*.
You might find, LastRun.ffs_gui or specifically saved & named .ffs_gui or .ffs_batch files.

Giangi

there is no GlobalSettings.xml in my w10-64 bit at C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync or any folder belowvsrawat
Did you actually read the link posted by Plerry???
The file is where all the settings should be: into your own appdata folder! From the help page linked:
"To locate this file on Windows enter %appdata%\FreeFileSync in the Windows Explorer address bar or go to the FreeFileSync installation folder if you are using the portable installation. On Linux you can find the file in ~/.FreeFileSync for the Launchpad release and in the installation folder for the portable version. On macOS go to ~/Library/Application Support/FreeFileSync."