Options - "copy locked file" and "copy DACL SACL Owner Group", retry count etc.

Discuss new features and functions

vsrawat

Today, I faced a problem because of no settings file. (as mentioned in other thread requesting to have a "hard disk" settings file.)

I am taking a backup of all my settings files of all my software, and whenever I reinstall a software or install it on a new o.s., I move the last backup of its settings files to the installation folder, thus I get the last used version's setting intact in new install.

Previously, I was using ffs on w8. Today, I installed ffs on w20, but there was no settings file so I could not move and ran it, and took backup.

Then I checked the options and found that "copy locked file" and "copy DACL SACL Owner Group", retry count were all off as it was in a fresh install.

As I had already sync-ed using fresh install options, I must have missed some of my these files from getting synced, and, worse, they might have got deleted from my system creating problems for me.

I then set these options and re-ran ffs, but it didn't copy anything.

I wonder what is happening. When the options were unchecked, then it must not have copied those locked files, etc, but when I ticked those options and re-ran immediately after, then it should have copied those locked file that it had skipped earlier.

Why it didn't do so?

Thanks.
--
Rawat