Very Simple question from a new user

Discuss new features and functions

JohnB47

OK, this is so simple but I can't sort it.

I've set up my 'from' and 'to' folders and that I want to update based on time/date. I do a Compare. Now, at this point, I want to be able to see only those files/folders that will be updated but I can't manage it. I see a Statistics window at the bottom right that shows how many files/folders etc but the two relative paths windows just show a load of stuff. I've tried using the 'Select View' tiles at the bottom, but I can't get a view that simply shows a list of files in both main panel windows (headed Relative Path) that will be updated (from left to right). e.g. say I updated a file called Temp.pdf on my PC, then loaded up FreeFileSync and did a compare. Is there a way to see just Temp.pdf in both main panels windows - confirming that this is the only file that will be updated?

There must be a way to 'filter' so that I can see a list of just those files and folders that will be updated.

I'm sure I'm missing something easy.

Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

This is done via the "Select View" buttons.

JohnB47

Thanks and sorry for this later reply - some health issues at the moment.

I've just realised what's going on - I didn't know that the Select View buttons worked in conjunction with each other. I though that if I pressed one, it undid the other choices already made. Now I see that each button is an on/off toggle and more than one button can be active at once. That's why I never seemed to be able to see just those files that will be actioned since the last backup.

I'm not sure if this is covered anywhere - I did look at the Help and at a couple of video tutorials but didn't see this mentioned.

All clear now. Cheers.