Running LINUX version of FreeFileSync on a QNAP NAS (QTS 4.1.2) ?

Get help for specific problems

martinw2

I am used to run FreeFileSync on a Windows PC, and i can also access the NAS from there - however to synch the NAS to a portable drive it would be much better to have the drive directly connected to the NAS.
That's why i would like to install FreeFileSync as an QTS Application itself. The NAS is running on QTS 4.1.2 which is based on LINUX. There is also an app Optware IPGK which can be used to install packages not available on the 'Play Store' of QNAP.
Unfortunately i am not a LINUX guy - so only very little experience here.

- Is there a chance to install a LINUX version of FreeFileSync on my QNAP NAS ?

- Did anyone do this before ? (I can imagine many other QNAP users would like to do this also, as the onboard backup/synch solution is VERY cumbersome)

Thanks!

martinw2

Hmmm - a couple of views, but no response :(
Isn't it possible ? Or is it hard to tell ?
My hope was that it's not too difficult for LINUX-experienced people, as QTS is based on LINUX.
Would also be helpful to see if anyone has ever installed FreeFileSync on a NAS (Synology, QNAP, ...) before.

htismaqe

To do this, you'd have to be very comfortable with Linux because you'd have to build FFS from source. The precompiled binaries would not be helpful in your case.

At any rate, there's really no reason to do this. I have QNAP running 4.1.2 and I use External Backup under the Backup Station app. It's included in the base OS. It works like a charm and is extremely easy to configure.

markusoft

would really like a package for synology and qnap ...
just sync on qnap with backup station - fails - why?
either filename not supported on destination fs right issue or ??
I am NOT loving all these different file systems on computer