Samsung Galaxy S7 SD card sync crashes - any solution?

Get help for specific problems

KVolker

Hi all,

I try to sync folders from my local PC (Win7 x64) harddrive to folders on my Galaxy S7 (Android 6) external SD card. Using MTP. Filefoldersync starts sync (mirror), deletes some files, copies some files, but then hangs after about 3% and stops with this error:

Error calling "outStream.Write(buffer, static_cast<ULONG>(bytesToWrite), &bytesWritten)".
HRESULT: 0x80070079, Das Zeitlimit für die Semaphore wurde erreicht. (meaning: "time limit for semaphore was reached").

Remark: After this crash also access to Galaxy is very slow also via Windows Explorer. I have to unplug the Galaxy and replug to get to speed again.

I know, that with Android 6 there are many problems with external SD cards. But is there a solution anyway?

Tx
Volker

KVolker

Additional info: also file transfer to Galaxy S7's internal storage also crashes with Windows Explorer. Seems there is a general problem with USB MFT?

Zargron

Have you tried FTP? I've had good success with FTP to sync Android tablets - not tried with a Galaxy S7.

samheidy

I thought FTP wasnt supported, only SFTP. I am trying to find an alternative to MTP, I have tried SFTP server apps and they are buggy.

Need a good reliable way to sync Android.

PlansXavier

I've a similar issue with my SD CARD (Not with the internal memory) of my devices Samsung Galaxy (Tab S2/S7Edge) when there are a big amount of files and I try to sync by Ftp.