FFS with Google Drive.

Discuss new features and functions

h3rnan

Hi!!
Could someone tell me how to do the settings to sync FFS with my Gmail account (google drive) ??
Thank you!!

tatawaki2

I use FFS for basic file synchronization, but if you need to copy your Google Drive files I can think of a few methods:

1) Use the Google Drive desktop app. The desktop app already mirrors your Google Drive contents to your computer. Then use FFS to mirror the contents elsewhere.

2) Use Cyberduck to access Google Drive without downloading all contents directly. This however requires use of the Cyberduck interface, and probably won'y allow FFS to sync.

3) Use Mountain Duck to mount Google Drive as a remote drive on your file explorer, without downloading the content. This should allow you to use FFS to analyze and mirror the contents.

Ste_Mulv

Hi there,

I use FFS portable to run the system on my work PC where installation of apps not supplied through our IT dept is banned. I use my work PC for many personal tasks and use FFS to sync my files to my external HDD.

I would like to sync then to gDrive instead, however I cannot install the gDrive app or mountain duck.

Is there a way (or a planned feature) that would allow FFS to set one of the folders to a google drive folder and run the comparison and Sync/Mirror/etc into the cloud via an upload/download the same way the native gdrive app does, only with a great deal more control for the user, and in my case run selective and sporadic backups?

Steve

h3rnan

Thank you.. it happens that I have several gmail accounts but in one of them when synchronizing with gdrive app "sometimes" delete several files, random files, I´m the only one who "touch" the pc, and I do not delete them, It´s not virus issue. As this happen in one pc with one gdrive app...I decide do not use it anymore.
I use FFS to backup from pc to usd drive (pendrive and hdd).
But I want to be "extra secure"... using GDrive hdd (with FFS).