Mac Os Sierra- error: Cannot find the following folders:

Get help for specific problems

JeanMartin

I am a new user to Free File sync.
It was working great until I created on my Macbook a new folder with 19 Gb of data.
Then I copied this folder individually to each of the two USB 3,0 external hard drives attached to my Macbook.
Now when I try to compare these two folders o these two external hard drives I get THIS error message.

I did a test and I created a new folder with only one file in it on my Macbook and copied it to each of the external hard drives and Free File sync does it's job and compares the two folders and files.

Cannot find the following folders:

/Volumes/Maxtor 2TB/CHAT Master
/Volumes/Seagate Master Data/CHAT Master

If this error is ignored the folders will be considered empty. Missing folders are created automatically when needed.

What can I do?

Thanks
Jean/John
-

Flexigav

It appears nobody has an answer to your problem. I had the same problem and had to remove my saved backup configurations and set them up again as new configurations. My guess is that these saved backup configurations are being cached. If they are corrupted, the application will always call upon the cached configuration that is corrupted. That being said, I am no expert, so this is just a theory based on how some other applications work.

Whatever the reason, removing the faulty backup configuration link by right-clicking on it in the left side Configuration panel, clicking remove or hide, then clicking the new button above it and setting that backup configuration again, saving it with a new name did the trick for me.
Site Admin

Zenju

The folders are cached by the OS, not FreeFileSync. Resetting the FreeFileSync configuation does nothing in this regard.

fedurba

I have the same error. There are no instructions to cope with
Site Admin

Zenju

I have the same error. There are no instructions to cope with fedurba, 19 Apr 2018, 16:45
This isn't an error message in a technical sense, because there isn't a function call that failed. It's just that the folders mentioned do not exist.