RealTimeSync and autofs

Get help for specific problems

unnilennium

Hi,

I am trying to sync a fedora 25 computer and a remote samba share. I used with success on other computer using windows with RealTimeSync and this share mounted as network disk.
With Fedora 25 I use autofs to mount the remote samba share. This works great when manually syncing.
However Realsync is quite buggy. When modifying locally it sometimes detect the change but not always and sync it. When the changes occurs on the remote share, it never detect it. Maybe some tweak are needed on the autofs side.

I had a few errors first regarding the inotify kernel function and I had to increase it. However still no bananas.

Alternatively I tried to make a cron task to launch freefilesync regularly, but while the command works in a terminal inside gnomr, nothing happens from a real command line. Is there a headless command available ?
Site Admin

Zenju

I don't believe RTS is buggy, but rather the server's implementation of inotify :P

RTS as well as FFS are apps built on top of GTK, which may not be available in all command line contexts.

unnilennium

ok, got it. THis is working on my laptop, but not my desktop.

The only big difference was a mount bind.
It seems that if you mount bind the original folder you are trying to sync to another, RTS is not able to detect modification in the original folder, you need to do the sync on the bind mount.
eg:
autof s is on /media/cifs/remote/myshare
your local copy is in /home/myuser/myshare, and you did a
mount /home/myuser/myshare /opt2 --bind

you need to sync /opt2 and /media/cifs/remote/myshare ; not /home/myuser/myshare and /media/cifs/remote/myshare

strange, but it seems to workaround the situation