RealTimeSync command line problem...

Get help for specific problems

jprinting

Hi,

I recently downloaded an updated version of RealTimeSync, and accidentally deleted my command line. How can I restore it?

Thanks!

jprinting

Ok, well...I dragged and dropped the BatchRun.ffs_batch document into RealTimeSync. Seemed to work, but then it appears that FreeFileSync crashes. Have I done something wrong...?

Plerry

Well, if you drop something, it generally crashes ...
(Sorry, I could not resist ...)

jprinting

Hey, have you guys discontinued RealTimeSync ?

xCSxXenon

No
What makes you ask?

jprinting

Oh, that's good! Well, whenever I try launching the app I get the following message: "“RealTimeSync” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Is there a link where I can download the latest version? I haven't seen that... Thanks!

jprinting

Ok, so what can I do to ensure the app runs properly?

xCSxXenon

Aaah...never mind! It was a security issue. Apparently FFS is not from a "known developer," and instead of giving a straightforward error message to that effect (the way previous OSs did) in Ventura Apple just says the app is "damaged." On the Privacy and Security section of System Settings I had the option of "Open anyway." Bah, humbug! camner, 27 Sep 2023, 23:00

tephyrnex

I am seeing the same "damaged" message for Monterey. I don't get the usual option to Allow it in System Settings. However, it can be fixed from the terminal/CLI

https://www.howtogeek.com/803598/app-is-damaged-and-cant-be-opened/

The magic is
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /path/to/app.app