Filecopy comparison does not work....

Discuss new features and functions

Naezt

Hi all

Im running version 8.9 - and I have an issue with copying files using the "compare filecontent" option - as some files do not get copied even though they are obviously different. Most files are fine, but 3% are just not being judged as newer by Frefilesync...

How is this done? is there an MD5-hash or a SHA hash being used ? Can I view a log of the comparisons somehow?

My main purpose is for this to be reliable, i have to make sure that 300 pricelists are copied daily and absolutly the latest ones.... i don't mind it being a bit slow.

I copy from SMB to a mapped WEBDAV drive ... any hints are appreciated.

best regards
/Krister

Plerry

Run the comparison
Make sure all comparison results are shown, not the just the files considered newer/different
(use the icons mid below the compare results)
Do those 3% files show as being equal, or are they not shown at all?
If those 3% files are shown as being equal, and you are sure they are not, it would be a comparison issue
If those 3% files are not shown at all:
1) they might be excluded from the sync via the exclude filter
2) they might be locked (in use by some other application)

Ad 1): adjust the exclude filter, to assure files that should be included will not be excluded
Ad 2): activate the VSS option (and run FFS as admin-rights). See here

Naezt

Awsome - so here we find something.
I find files that are different, but they are marked "- " - meaning they will not be copied over to the righthand side...
So -they are infact identified as different/updated , but the tool does not copy them over.

checked the filter: all ok, not excluded there.
Finally checked my sync settings, and there was a basic basic error of how to manage updated documents... strange how you can overlook things 50 times...

tested it ,and now it works. much obliged, and thanks for the quick answer

//K