MTP Sync Is Just Not Possible on Android?

Get help for specific problems

hegdesaspect

After going through the following two threads
1. viewtopic.php?t=4358
2. viewtopic.php?t=4360

I decided that there is no way to establish a first time sync between two existing sides with same content but different time stamp.

So I decided to go with a full re-sync from my master storage to a mobile device using MTP. The left side is the master and the right side is the MTP device. To initiate the first sync, the MTP device is completely emptied. This is to ensure all file get copied freshly and let FFS update the DB accordingly.

The sync is done successfully. I close FFS and after sometime tried to see the sync status. I open FFS and click compare... to my shock entire 15 GB (3200 files) show as out of sync and this time the direction is reversed. It says files on the MTP is newer.

I read a related topic here: viewtopic.php?t=4311&hilit=mtp. Does that mean MTP sync is not possible at all on Android without root?

To be frank I had lots of hopes on FFS and each of my experiment has failed completely.

Please help.
Site Admin

Zenju

Not being able to set modification times is an old limitation of Android. Allegedly it is fixed in the most recent version of Android. There are plenty of threads about this online.

Giangi

it is fixed in the most recent version of Android.Zenju, 26 May 2017, 18:41
I would use "It should be fixed on Android 8"... Basically it will be completely rewritten the lower layer for managing external memory, but if the connection protocol will still be MTP I would wait to see with my own eyes if the problem will be finally solved! :-(