Bug--does not see mapped network drives

Get help for specific problems

eRCaGuy

Bug report: FreeFileSync does not work with mapped network drive letters.

When I click Browse to add a folder path, I cannot add mapped network drives. Instead, I have to click through the "Network Locations" or type the IP address directly, ex: "\\192.168.0.1\myFolder" instead of "Y:\myFolder".

Furthermore, if I am browsing a mapped network drive in Windows Explorer (ex: "Y" drive in this case), and click on a saved FreeFileSync file, it won't even open! Since FreeFileSync can't see the mapped network drives, it won't open at all. Attached is the error that comes up. If I navigate to the "\\192.168.0.1\myFolder" location manually in Windows Explorer, however, and double-click it to open, it works fine.
Attachments
mapped network drive error - 20170608.PNG
mapped network drive error - 20170608.PNG (7.02 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Mapped network shares are only visible to a specific user. Maybe FreeFileSync is running in a different user context than Explorer?

Giangi

Bug report: FreeFileSync does not work with mapped network drive letters.eRCaGuy, 09 Jun 2017, 01:01
...or: have you run FFS elevated? By default the elevated process doesn't share mapped drive from the non-elevated account.
There is a registry entry to change to enable the mapped drive sharing (I did it on my Win10 pc)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3035277/mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-configured-to-prompt-for-credentials-in-windows