Memory error with FTPS and big file (40 GB)

Discuss new features and functions

ktp

Hello,

I try to sync with FTPS (FTP + explicit SSL/TLS) with a big file (> 40 GB). FreeFileSync then failed after about 4% (without any visible network transfer) with memory error popup message. "Memory allocation failed: 6619442287 bytes." Ignore/Cancel buttons.

The problem is 100% reproducible. I have Windows 10 with 16 GB RAM and about 7.5 GB used.

Could you help? Thank you.
Site Admin

Zenju

I can confirm the problem, which is fixable, but not too easily. But what is your scenario? You don't upload 40 gig to some web page, do you? That must take ages, even with fast internet access.

ktp

Hello,

My scenario is to periodically (usually every 15 days or once a month) make a backup of some big files which come from Veracrypt container. I have optical fiber at 100Mb/s so 40GB take only more than 1 hour to upload. I expect and would like FreeFileSync behaves like other FTP clients supporting such big files, or better to be filesize-independent (e.g. need only data in chunk of 10MB in memory from disk).

Note : if I use FreeFileSync SFTP instead of FTPS then 40GB upload seems OK, but it takes much longer, at least 2-3 hours to complete vs 1h+ from plain FTP client.
Site Admin

Zenju

Issue has been fixed, including a buffer tweak required on Win7 to get max FTP upload speed:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/djrxitpbl81kzl2/FreeFileSync_9.3_beta_Windows_Setup.exe