larger icons for 4k laptop screens

Discuss new features and functions

syncsink

The icons (such as the arrows and other symbols in the center column) are tiny - pretty much unreadable - on a 4k display on a 13" laptop screen. Any chance of getting a set of icons proportionately larger for 4k screens? Thanks!
Site Admin

Zenju

What version of FreeFileSync are you using and what OS?
The icons should be stretched as of FFS 8.0 due to "Revert to default scaling for non-dpi-aware apps"

syncsink

It is ver 8.8 on Kubuntu 16.04 on a Dell XPS 13 (13" screen) at 4k resolution. I also just installed 9.3 on a 50" monitor, also Kubuntu 16.04. The small 13" screen with high resolution contributes to the problem, so what would help is a double-size option for the symbols. The arrows between the columns are the biggest problem. On thebig monitor (50"), the arrows between the columns are still pretty small relative to everything else, but they are readable. However, my preference would actually be to have them larger on the big monitor too.

Is "Revert to default scaling for non-dpi-aware apps" a settable / resettable option? If so I can check how it is currently configured.

Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

FreeFileSync is now DPI-aware!
Unfortunately wxWidgets doesn't seem to be, at least on Linux. I couldn't get wxWidgets to scale one bit (tested on Suse, GTK2 and GTK3).