Sync x number of months?

Discuss new features and functions

eejonmetcaf

Hello all,

I am attempting to use FFS to mirror my backup files for the last two (2) months from a NAS to an external hard drive to provide an off-site backup. (There is almost 4TB worth of data and due to being a small startup the old sneaker-net is the best approach for an off-site backup for us.)

One of the Key features of FFS is that I can create a .ffs_batch file that another (non-technical) user can launch and just run the backup and then take the external drive off-site.

FFS seems to have all of the features that I need except that the Time span filter only filters on "Last x days", "This month", etc...

Currently I am using the "This month" filter but ran into an issue when the 1st of the month was over the weekend and I didn't run the job until Monday. When the job was run it did indeed copy the files from the 1st of the new month on, but the files from the last few day of the previous month were then missing from the mirror.
If I use the "Last x days" filter and set x=62 then I will copy "extra" files for most of the months throughout the year.

Is there a "Last x months" feature that I am missing?
If not what is the best approach for mirroring files from the "Last x months"?

Thanks for any advice and for a great program.