FFS doesn't sync to lan at shutdown

Get help for specific problems

sadhaka

Hello.
I have created a FFS_batch-file to sync folder on HDD with network folder and put it at gpedit.msc\scripts\shutdown, but synchronization is not performed, because Windows terminates the network connections and batch-file cannot sync with network folder.
Please tell me is there a possibility to force Windows to wait for batch-file and sync with the network folder at shutdown.
P.S. at startup FFS_batch-file is working.

schnappi

Two workarounds things that can think of. First if the sync is very small. Instead of using local group policy try running FreeFileSync through the task scheduler with the trigger of "On disconnect from user session." Windows logs users out prior to shutdown so theoretically it should run and give access to network drives after logging out if configured correctly. If the task is small it could complete prior to shutdown.

Second thought that will probably work better. Write a batch script that runs FreeFileSync and then shuts the computer down (shutdown.exe /s /t 30). Run this batch script through the task scheduler with the same trigger as above (On disconnect from user session). On logout FreeFileSync will run and then shut the computer down. When wanting to shut down just log out instead. This assumes a desktop with an ethernet connection.

sadhaka

Thank you, schnappi, i'll try, but i want run this batch file without task scheduler, because on my winxp computers it is disabled through group policy.