Registration verification

Discuss new features and functions

joefiesta

First, let me say I really like FreeFilesync and was more than willing to contribute for such a nice piece of software. Not bad from someone who was an IBM mainframe programmer for 20 years. Most stuff nowadays is just garbage.

Anyhow, a very, very small point. (Yes, you got it.... I love preciseness.)

The registration process instructions say, for the GOTCHA verification, that I have to ENTER A CODE (or, usually, a character string). I DON'T have to enter a code. All I had to do--and ALL I COULD DO--was just click the "I'm not a robot" link (is link the right term?).

Very small, indeed, but it was disconcerting.

Thanks for such a great piece of software. I run it every day! I hope your contribution system reminds me in a year you'd like another contribution. It's well worth it.

Joe Petree
Site Admin

Zenju

You're right, the whole section is useless and redundant, because the Captcha challenge is already explained on the left side. phpBB is like a raw block of stone. You remove all the needless chunks and the remaining piece is a great forum. But you have to do the work first.

Thanks for reporting this. It's rare that I receive error reports that are not showstopper-grade.