The problem of synchronizing files with FTP

Discuss new features and functions

Shpaler

Good afternoon.
Faced with the problem of synchronizing files with FTP.
Trying to create personal FTP storage on the router with HDD WD "My passport" 2 GB via the USB port 3. Seems to have configured everything correctly - access to HDD via FTP is done. But when I synchronized files between PC and FTP server using the program FreeFileSync there is a problem: after a sync (mirror create files on the FTP server) in the subsequent comparison of the files in the absence of any changes in files FreeFileSync indicates that the files on the FTP server require a rewrite. With another program (WinSCP) such problem is not observed - it notes available unmodified file as not requiring rewriting.

KevinWGale

I'm doing exactly the same thing with a 2 GB Passport drive. I'm not having this problem but I have a vague memory of having it. My memory might be incorrect but I think my solution was to reformat the passport drive to NTFS which matched the file system on the drives I was backing up. Before I did the NTFS format I think there were some attributes that would always show as different otherwise no matter how many times I synced them. Of course it is a vague memory and I might be off base :-)