RealTimeSync only running once

Get help for specific problems

Johng

I am trying to use FreeFileSync for a new project. The initial tests were perfect, but unfortunately yesterday the 'syncing' batch job stopped working. When I run the gui manually it does what it is means to do. From this gui file I create a batch job. When I 'Start' the batch job it runs successfully the first time and thereafter does nothing, until I 'Start' again. The initial tests ran on a Windows 7 and Windows 10 machine for 1 week without manual intervention.

I have been through the manual and videos again to make sure I did not miss a step, but keep getting the same result. I have uninstalled version 9.4 and went back to 9.3 but the outcome is the same.

I really appreciate any guidance on this - Thank you.

JG

mediaistic

I am having this same problem on MacOS too. :/

roborland

I'm also having a similar problem on Windows 10. I've been using FreeFileSync for some years now, with no problems, for the simple task of keeping the PC backed up to a NAS. But in the last month or so I've realised that it's not been detecting changes after a "first run", even though I've not altered anything.

The red icon appears in the notification area, claiming that it's actively monitoring the directories, but once it's detected any changes initially, and backed the files up correctly, it then fails to "notice" any further file updates or additions.

I'm currently on v9.7 - as above, I'd really appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Rob