Only sync one subdirectory

Get help for specific problems

sophophobe

I have searched the forums and the help documentation and do not understand the include/exclude filters. (Or maybe I do and they are too limited.)

I want to backup my kid's Windows profile, directory "C:\Users\Kid\". I would like to exclude directory "C:\Users\Kid\AppData\" with the exception of directory "C:\Users\Kid\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\" which I need backed up. I cannot find an easy way to do this.

My first inclination was to put "\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\" in the include section and "\AppData\" in the exclude section, but that probably won't work. It's hard to test, since there is so much data. According to the online help, "They have to match at least one entry in the include list and none of the entries in the exclude list as presented in the filter configuration dialog."

Do I really have to type out every single directory I don't want in the exclude section? This does not seem feasible for my case, especially if new directories come along.

In all references above, when I say directory, I am also including sub-directories and files as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gianni1962

I'm not sure you can do it, but take a look at the samples on this page in the manual:

User Manual: Exclude Items via Filter

Search for:
Example: Exclude a sub folder except for certain files