Root for multiple DIRs

Discuss new features and functions

pilsit

I'm synchronizing multiple directories under my UserSpace (Windows = \Users\<user>\<xxx>, MAC = /home/<user>/<xxx>), but not all the files/directories from my UserSpace (Windows => not \Users\<user>\)
I end up with a couple of different directories to be synched within a FFS batch process.
Following a <compare>, the application lists me all the files and directories to be synched. The names all start relatively with the to-be-synched DIR subdir, but not with the to-be-synched DIR.
e.g.
Select c:\Users\<user>\Desktop + c:\Users\<user>\Pictures
FFS shows fileDesktop1, fileDesktop2, ...., filePictures1, filePictures2, ...
the directories are only visible when hovering over the file....
I would welcome if FFS could include the relative path
e.g.
Select c:\Users\<user>\Desktop + c:\Users\<user>\Pictures
FFS to show \Desktop\fileDesktop1, \Desktop\fileDesktop2, ..., \Pictures\filePictures1, \Pictures\filePictures2, ....
I understand that the size of the application window may be a challenge to show up long paths, ...., so need to think on how to manage this
e.g. could be
(line1) \Desktop\<subdir><subsubdir>\
(line2) \fileDesktop1
(line3) \fileDesktop2
(line4) ..... etc
Site Admin

Zenju

"Relative path" is the default but you can change the view to "Full path" by right-clicking on the header labels.

pilsit

sorry - my bad - you are absolutely right....

pilsit

hmm - I'm coming back to this one.... cause Relative Path is too short, but Full Path is too long...
I sync the folders Desktop, and Downloads from multiple WIN/MAC hosts to a central File Server (FS)
The relative path will show me
\fileDesktop > \fileDesktop
\News\fileDownloads < \News\fileDonwloads
and I don't know in which folders these files are
The full path will show me
c:\Users\fakeUser\Desktop\fileDesktop > sftp://host.domain.root/dirlevel1/dirlevel2/Desktop/fileDesktop
c:\Users\fakeUser\News\fileDownloads < sftp://host.domain.root/dirlevel1/dirlevel2/Downloads/News/fileDownloads
which I too long as I don't care about c:\users\fakeUser\ nor about sftp://host.domain.root/dirlevel1/dirlevel2/
I would welcome, if the software could take the <parentDir> into account for the list, instead of the <subDir> or the <fullPath>. That would permit to identify actually in which <parentDir> the directories copied are located.
e.g. understanding in which folder \News\ is located (so Downloads\News)
thanks