FFS GUI doesn't keep compare/sync and relative path region size

Discuss new features and functions

shai

Hello,

I have multiple saved session entries that have about 20 directories to sync. In order to be able to see all of them, I drag the region down to show more of the compare/sync region and less of the "relative path" region.

When I switch between the sessions, the region size doesn't keep and I keep having to pull down the region bar in order to see the long list of directories in each session.

Can this behavior be changed/fixed please? That would be great!

Plerry

Unless said 20 directories (at least group-wise) do not share any substantial part of their path-name,
it seems you can use FFS in a much simpler fashion than creating 20 left-right base location pairs.
Simply select a shared parent-folder per group of files for your left-right base location,
and use the global or local include or exclude filters to just sync the directories (and their content-trees)
you want to cover.

Nevertheless, there might be benefit to retain said settings when switching between sessions.

shai

I really appreciate the tip there. I would most def. test it and see if it works and feels smoother to work in that fashion.

Having said that, I really would like FFS to keep my region sizes as I set them. Even if it's globally and not per session entry.

A lot of software have regions, and I don't think I've come across one that won't do it. Adobe Lightroom, Photoshot and their entire suite have regions and you can alter them and they will retain until you deside to change or reset the "desktop" overall to defaults.