Modern Interface

Discuss new features and functions

darski

I just want to ask a question if you are thinking about a new modern flat user interface.
These "roundness", "chiaroscuro" are very outdated. This prevents me from using this great software.

Best regards
Dariusz

Radish

This so-called "modern" interface you are referring to is actually a regression to old style interfaces and they look damned awful. They were awful in the past and are awful now. Just a fashion fad forced on users by Microsoft so that, "Hey, that looks different. Isn't it great!" Just eye-candy to try to fool users into thinking the OS is in some way new and advanced. In part dictated by the look for mobile phones. My computer isn't a mobile phone and the trend towards getting it to look like one is annoying.

Personally, I like the way FFS looks now. It's fine. I wouldn't like it if it regressed to the ancient "flat" interfaces of the past. However, I wouldn't be fool enough to stop using it just because of the way it looks - functionality is what counts.

darski

Well, fashion likes to come back. It's nothing extraordinary and inappropriate. And if someone does not bother to walk in old pants just because they are still quite functional ...