Error Code 267: The Directory name is invalid. (openDir)

Get help for specific problems

info@uherzog.de

Hello,

since a few weeks I am getting this error message when synchronizing with my NAS:

Das Verzeichnis "\\NAS\homes\uli\photo\Verschiedenes\Portraits\Christian" kann nicht geöffnet werden.

Fehlercode 267: Der Verzeichnisname ist ungültig. [openDir]

It was working more than a year without any issues.
The UNC path \\NAS\homes\uli\photo\Verschiedenes\Portraits\Christian can be opened in the Explorer without any problems.
I have upgraded to release 9.6 (Unicode X64) yesterday. The error message stays.
Additional information: when starting the comparison between local hard disc and NAS always different paths are reported as not accessable. Timing issue?

Thanks for any help,

Regards
Uli

alexdodis

similar problem here - upon starting a new session there is a default network path in the left panel which is valid - I get following message - I have to use the browse button to the same network path then I can compare without error
===========================================================

Cannot find the following folders:

\\Home\D\Alex\Documents\ABEX Projects

If this error is ignored the folders will be considered empty. Missing folders are created automatically when needed.

Cannot read file attributes of "\\Home\D".
Error Code 1385: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. [FindFirstFile]

===================================================================
Site Admin

Zenju

Are you able to reproduce the error reliably? If so we could make a little test (=>automatically try to establish the connection upon 1385)

alexdodis

Zenju,
Both computers running Win 10 latest builds, all drives and sub-folders on both computers are shared by "everyone" and "authenticated users" (overkill?)
System folders for Documents, Downloads, Music, Photos etc. on both computers are mapped to a second drive path: D\Alex\
After a few days of work it is decided to synchronize Document files on the "Home" desktop and the "Xiaomi" laptop.
The following procedure is repeatable:
(1) reboot laptop "Xiaomi"
(2) open file explorer on each computer and check that the computer names "Xiaomi" and "Home" are visible in network connections without actually browsing or clicking anything.
(3) start FreeFileSync with administrator rights on "Xiaomi" laptop. Previous session is displayed. On left hand side is "Home" desktop network path in UNC format (\\home\d\Alex\Documents), on right hand side is path on "Xiaomi" laptop (D\Alex\Documents). and start compare - get error message that network location is not available or cannot log in or cannot read file attributes (not always the same)
(5) Cancel the compare.
(6) in the file explorer that is still open on laptop "Xiaomi" browse to Documents folder by opening network location "Home" on the other computer
(7) re-start compare and it now it works without errors.
I hope I have described a clear procedure. It seems something with the network is not being initialized properly when starting FreeFileSync
Alexander
Site Admin

Zenju

> get error message that network location is not available
> or cannot log in or cannot read file attributes (not always the same)

What are the full error messages in these cases? This may be important in order to figure out what exactly goes wrong.

alexdodis

Cannot find the following folders:

\\Home\D\Alex\Documents\ABEX Projects

If this error is ignored the folders will be considered empty. Missing folders are created automatically when needed.

Cannot read file attributes of "\\Home\D".
Error Code 1385: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. [FindFirstFile]
Site Admin

Zenju

> not always the same
What other error messages are there?

alexdodis

Also I got error 53 - network path not found - but that doesn't count because the other computer was asleep
Site Admin

Zenju

Alright, let's make a test then: Here's a FFS version which tries to connect to the network share upon ERROR_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED(1385):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/try001wg77txslw/FreeFileSync_9.8_%5BBeta%5D_Windows_Setup.exe

alexdodis

Zenju, I installed the beta FFS ovewriting the previous version 9.7 and without browsing to the other computer was successfully granted logon without error 1385.
I decided to make a donation to thank you for your effort to solve my issue.
Alexander Dodis
Site Admin

Zenju

Perfect, and thanks for your support!

thecuberider

Hi all!

Seems like the problem occurs already at some users, such like me ;-) Get the Error Code 267 by synchronisation from a webspace via ftp. What can I do myself to fix it?

(I have tried to ad a screenshot with the errormessage but it was denied from your Spam-Watchdog...)