Sync question in MacOS

Get help for specific problems

gogreen1

I’ve recently gone from Windows 10 computers to a Mac environment. I’m trying to set up syncing folders and files between an iMac and a MacBook Air. When I shut down both devices and start them again, and try to sync to the Macbook Air over my home network, FFS shows me the attached message. I have to re-enter the path to the MacBook Air to sync again. Both my iMac and Macbook Air each have only four sync jobs: Documents, Pictures, Music, and Thunderbird. When I re-enter any one of the sync paths to the MacBook Air, the others then work, but I have to re-enter any one path to get the others to work.

Is this normal FFS behavior? Have I missed something in setting up the MacBook Air syncs to prevent my having to re-enter share paths every day? Thanks.
Attachments
Macbook Air.png
Macbook Air.png (90.29 KiB) Viewed 375 times

gogreen1

I solved this problem, and for the benefit of other new Mac users like me, here's what I did: I added my MacBook Air to the login items of my iMac. The only caution here is that I need to boot the Macbook Air before I boot the iMac so the mount can be accessed. Then the FFS on my iMac sees the MacBook Air every time. Works like a charm.