Very Slow Boot Times.

Discuss new features and functions

ScottK

The reason I started using FreeFileSync is because my last backup software caused my computer to not boot at all, so I uninstalled it and installed FreeFileSync.

I am now having problems with really long boot times. It takes around 8 minutes for my computer to boot up, and 9 minutes to boot in Safe Mode!

When I first bought this machine it took 4 minutes to boot. When I recently replaced a HD it went down to 1:40 to boot, and then it all of a sudden wouldn't boot at all with any of the HDD's engaged. I would have to boot up with only the (SSD) C: Drives engaged, and then engage the other one's one by one to get Windows working. It all of a sudden started working though, but my boot time as I said above doubled to 8 minutes. The only think I did was transfer some documents from one document folder to another document folder in my D: Drive.

If your curious about this you can read lots about it by going to the following forum https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-booting-after-drive-installation-and-document-transfer.1203915/

It is a Supermicro Workstation running Windows 7 Professional. It has 2 - SSD's for C: (Windows & Programs) which run RAID 1. It has 2 - 4TB HDD's D: (Documents & Program Files) which FreeFileSync backs up to F:. It also has 2 - 10TB HDD's E: (Working Files & Photographs) which FreeFileSync backs up to G:

I'm really curious to know if anyone has had to uninstall FreeFileSync for a similar problem as mine.

Thanks.

ScottK

I think my problem comes from having SATA II, SAS-2, and SAS-3, drives all installed on the same computer. Nothing to do with FreeFileSync, so I will have to now re-install. *sigh*