two way and conflict

Get help for specific problems

loranz

hello everyone! i need a few help if is possible!
i have two folder to sync, one of this into a NAS. I use realtyme sync and batch job and works well. only two issue:
1. the time to scan folder is over 8 minutes, i think that is normal for a large folder, or therr are other solutions to sync new files?
2. where i have a conflict, is it possible create a file for example myfileCONFLICT.doc instead stop sync that file? ( like dropbox)
thanks a lot

Plerry

1) You can spread your single task over multiple RealTimeSync instances, each monitoring a smaller number of folders, and each launching a FFS sync specific to the folders being monitored by that RTS instance.
Each sync job will then be smaller and thus faster. And it is less likely they will all be triggered simultaneously.

2) Whether conflicts stop the sync, show a pop-up window or continue to run the sync (ignore) depends on your sync settings as defined when saving your sync as a batch-sync (*.ffs_batch-file).
Even if you select "ignore" (continue running the sync), conflicts will still be logged in the FFS log-file.
This would effectively be equivalent to your myfileCONFLICT.doc file, albeit it contains all log-data and not just a list of conflicts.
If you want, you can define a sync-specific location for your FFS log-file in the same window where you select the error handling above.