Originals exactly 24 hours out with mirror

Get help for specific problems

syncerman

So, I've been using FFS for over a year to run weekly backups of content on one AirPort to another. It's excellent software and has done an excellent job. Never encountered any problems at all.

Today, however, over 28% of my files were flagged as needing backup. Seeing as I have nearly 2 million files, that's a very large number. Turns out that all the files I check which I'm convinced have not changed have a timestamp that indicates the file was modified exactly 24 hours earlier than file on last week's backup.
original.png
original.png (185.69 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Even stranger is that not all the files in any one folder display this -24hr timestamp shift. I can't see any pattern to it and almost every sub-folder is affected, but not all:
changepercentage.png
changepercentage.png (61.25 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Anyone got any ideas what may have happened to the original files to make this happen? TIA

syncerman

well... anyway... although I haven't figured out what made the time shift occur, I did discover that in the settings for sync scans, you can set the time stamp difference to ignore. I just entered 24:00 into that and all works well and syncs as normal.

Thought I'd post that here in case it helps someone else with a similar issue.