RealTimeSync Failure code 1: [ReadDirectoryChangesW]

Get help for specific problems

Kerstin

Dear all,
I‘m quiet new in this forum and need your help on a topic, which hopefully is not too hard for most of you, but for me...

I‘m synchronizing (mirroring documents from) a network drive to a local drive. FreeFileSync is working manually and as a batch however a failure pops up sync.ffs_lock cannot be saved, Failure Code 1920: System cannot create file [CreateFile] I have changed within the expert settings LockDirectoriesDuringSync to false.

When I use RealTimeSync the following failure pops up Directory cannot be synchronized, Failure Code 1: not allowed function [ReadDirectoryChangesW]. I think this failure is related to the one above. Is there anybody who could help me on this? We have read-only rights on the network drive only and will not get write-rights at all. This is why I need your help.

BTW: Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit

Thanks upfront to any of your comments or help!

Best Regards,
Kerstin
Site Admin

Zenju

ReadDirectoryChangesW:
If the network redirector or the target file system does not support this operation, the function fails with ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (=error code 1)

Kerstin

Hi Zenju,
Thanks for your reply! I know this function fails, but the question is whether something can be done or changed in order to get it working. If I take the batch file, it‘s functioning even with the failure, but not stopping the operation, I was wondering whether something similar can be done for the RealTimeSync operation, too.

Thanks,
Kerstin
Site Admin

Zenju

Not only does the function fail, the directory monitoring is unsupported on the file system. You can delete the directory from the list, to "make the error go away", as long as there are enough changes notified to the other directory that trigger FFS. Maybe RTS should get a simple "run every x seconds" feature as a fallback.