Two issues (file already exist and connection problems)

Discuss new features and functions

GentleRV

I used filezilla because freefilesync give me many repeated curl messages about the connection, I found later the reason, it has todo with the amount simultaneous connections.
The advised amount of connections are 7, then many cult messages will pop-up with all kind of different erreors. If you lower the amount of simultaneous connections to 2 then it become much better but still get those messages which will be gone when clicking retry.

When used Filezilla and later use freefilesync the last one can sometimes detect a existing file with a smaller size, FFS does not know how to handle this, it does not want to overwrite or resume which give as result a continuous error and delete is not possible either.

Is it possible to add the retry function from the fault appear in curl errors to the amount of retries set in the transfer dialog?
Can FFS be made that it will resume not complete transmitted files?
Site Admin

Zenju

I found later the reason, it has todo with the amount simultaneous connections. GentleRV, 03 Apr 2018, 10:24
This problem has been resolved with FFS 10.0. FFS will now use exactly as many connections as configured, both during comparison (earlier versions used one connection per folder) and also during synchronization (earlier versions always used only one connection). Only in cases where a connection hangs or fails, it will try to create a new one instead, which might hit the server limit.
When used Filezilla and later use freefilesync the last one can sometimes detect a existing file with a smaller size, FFS does not know how to handle this, it does not want to overwrite or resume which give as result a continuous error and delete is not possible either. GentleRV, 03 Apr 2018, 10:24
You mean if the file size changed after comparison?
Is it possible to add the retry function from the fault appear in curl errors to the amount of retries set in the transfer dialog? GentleRV, 03 Apr 2018, 10:24
I don't quite understand.