Code error 58: GetFileInformationByHandle

Get help for specific problems

SipriusPT

Hello,

I have a smb server where I can access and read and write without problem, but when I try to use FFS with it through his IP, I receive the following error:
index.png
index.png (119.06 KiB) Viewed 522 times
Do you know a way to solve this without having to map this unit with a letter in this system?

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks!
Site Admin

Zenju

58 = ERROR_BAD_NET_RESP
Is this a regression compared to FFS 9.9?

SipriusPT

I am using the latest version of FFS, the 10.1. I have not tested with previous versions.

Using the direct link for example \\192.168.1.1\shared_folder I am able to sync, but if I try to use it as a mapped unit, I receive that error.

If I have to use the direct link there is no problem. I have just started this thread just to let you know Zenju about this issue(dont know if is an issue with FFS or Windows).
Site Admin

Zenju

Can you test with 9.9?

SipriusPT

Ofcourse Zenju.

With FFS 9.9 64bits:
Attachments
transferir.jpg
transferir.jpg (315.74 KiB) Viewed 506 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Interesting, so this looks more like a (temporary?) server issue.

SipriusPT

Is a SMB server working in Server App 3 on a MacOS.

Using native explorer I dont have any issues at all, but using FFS I receive those errors.

In times I have found similar problems with xcopy command line from windows, where was able to copy some files and then received an error related with: the specified server cannot do the following operation. I have not found a relation with this error or some type of files or issues with folders or permissions.