FFS Shows Changes in File Content over FTP even though The Content Is Identical

Get help for specific problems

gotlisch

Hi there,

Syncing between my local Windows Machine (git repo) and my staging site. Ever so often FFS picks up changes in a whole bunch of files that have not been changed. Granted it does show that the file size is different, which i suspect is a because my colleague is on a Mac and is also pushing files (he tends to just push everything even-though no changes has been made, and does not use FFS).

Anyway, file size aside the actual content is identical, if I open up the files and in Notepad ++ and run the compare plugin it shows as identical (this is also obvious just by visually inspecting them). So I would expect FFS to ignore those files when I run in content comparison mode.

How can I best combat this problem, I ideally don't want to be overwriting files that haven't changed, but more importantly I want to be able to visually see the files that ACTUALLY have been updated before I Sync (as QA/sense check) which become difficult when FFS picks up hundreds of files.

For the record after I push and sync again it identifies the correct files.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Cheers,
Mika
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS implements a binary, not textual file comparison. I'd suggest to normalize the text files using a code-formatter tool.