FreeFileSync with ReadNAS home directories?

Get help for specific problems

Amorak

I have been using FFS with ReadyNAS "Share" directory for more than a year - no problems. That is, I sync my desktop computer's C:\Users\Bob\DataFiles directory to the ReadyNAS' \Jupiter\Primary\UNIVERSE-DataFiles shared directory.

I would now like to change the location where I sync to on the ReadyNAS to be \Jupiter\Primary\home\Bob\DataFiles

Is this possible? There seems to be something different about "home" directories on the ReadyNAS that I do not understand.

When accessing though Win 7 Explorer the path is \\Jupiter\Bob\DataFiles although ReadyNas shows as \Jupiter\Primary\home\Bob\DataFiles

When I "Browse" for the path from FFS, the "Bob" folder is not shown. Other shared folders on the ReadyNAS are shown.

I've tried mapping \\Jupiter\Bob to x:\

I've tried variations of the path, but always get errors similar to:
cannot read file attributes of "x:\".

Error Code 3: The system cannot find the path specified. [GetFileAttributes]

Thank you,

DJL

Plerry

I don't know ReadyNAS, but if it is similar to Synology, the mapping of \\Jupiter\Primary\home\Bob\DataFiles to \\Jupiter\Bob\DataFiles is probably linked to being connected to your ReadyNAS under the "Bob" credentials.

Along the same line: drive mappings are user specific. A drive mapping x:\ for Windows user "Bob" might not exist or point to some other location for other Windows users.

So, all signs indicate you are running FFS under different user credentials than "Bob".