Error on file sync

Get help for specific problems

cjohnsonuk

I keep getting this error and others like it:

Cannot move file
"N:\My Documents\backups4cobian.lst" to
"N:\FFS_Versioned_Documents\backups4cobian.lst 2018-07-03 170002.lst".
Error Code 3: The system cannot find the path specified. [MoveFileEx]

I'm confused here because I get this when I run :
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" "Versioned_Documents_Sync _to_N.ffs_batch"
either from the command line or through the interface. In both the from side is listed as c:\xx
and the .ffs_batch file contains

<FolderPairs>
<Pair>
<Left>C:\Users\chris.johnson\Documents</Left>
<Right>N:\My Documents</Right>
</Pair>
</FolderPairs>
and
<Comparison>
<Variant>TimeAndSize</Variant>
<Symlinks>Exclude</Symlinks>
<IgnoreTimeShift/>
</Comparison>
<SyncConfig>
<Variant>Update</Variant>
<DetectMovedFiles>false</DetectMovedFiles>
<DeletionPolicy>Versioning</DeletionPolicy>
<VersioningFolder Style="TimeStamp">N:\FFS_Versioned_Documents</VersioningFolder>
</SyncConfig>

I updated to the latest version 10.1 but this still continues to happen. Include symbolic links is not ticked. I have checked that the files are not in use and that I have full permission to them. When "starting the comparison" it starts scanning on C, then skips to N. If I do a dir on the N drive or use cygwin it shows a folder called "My Documents". I windows explorer it shows as "Documents" but I dont think that's the issue.

Any help appreciated
Site Admin

Zenju

I updated to the latest version 10.1 but this still continues to happen. cjohnsonuk, 04 Jul 2018, 11:07
Maybe you get a different error message with 10.1? I'm assuming the "N:\FFS_Versioned_Documents" folder and the "N:\FFS_Versioned_Documents\backups4cobian.lst 2018-07-03 170002.lst" file are existing?

cjohnsonuk

Looking at the log files the error messages are the same before and after

"N:\FFS_Versioned_Documents" folder exists. All the other files copy into this folder and are date stamped.

"N:\My Documents\backups4cobian.lst" exists.

"N:\FFS_Versioned_Documents\backups4cobian.lst 2018-07-03 170002.lst" doesn't exist. Which is expected as the error says it can't copy the file to this location.
I can manually copy the file across. (its 11KB) There is plenty of free space, other files continue to be versioned and copied into this folder without errors.
Site Admin

Zenju

Are you able to reproduce the above error? This looks to me like a temporary problem when the "FFS_Versioned_Documents" was first created.