microsoft onedrive mirroring failed

Get help for specific problems

volker01

[00:54:30] Fehler: Die Datei
"C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Erste Schritte mit OneDrive.pdf" kann nicht nach
"S:\ffs_Sicherung\Users\username\OneDrive\Erste Schritte mit OneDrive.9fdf.ffs_tmp" kopiert werden.
Fehlercode 395: Der Zugriff auf die Clouddatei wurde verweigert. [CopyFileEx]
... and so on ...

It's a (new) limitation from Microsoft or FFS?
Site Admin

Zenju

It's Microsoft, they obviously don't like "ffs_tmp"
See LockDirectoriesDuringSync, https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=expert-settings

volker01

ok,
maybe it is more usefull (only for mirroring) to lock only the dest. and not the source too?
doubled reading from more than one ffs at the same time should be no problem (with the exception of speed of mirroring) ...
Site Admin

Zenju

Folder locking has its use in Mirror mode, too. The only problem currently is that it's a global setting. The best solution would be to disable it only for the OneDrive sync and keep it enabled otherwise.

Plerry

I am daily running FFS syncs (Mirror and Update) from my local OneDrive (for Business) location to an (SMB) network resource without any issues, including directory locking. So, it is not impossible ...

I don't know what exactly triggers the error, but the description suggests it is about a problem with access to cloud-data and not the local OneDrive folder. Perhaps you can try to run the FFS sync with your S-drive connected but while not having Internet access. Then OneDrive should run purely locally.

I find the discussion above hard to follow, as an error occurred with a "*.ffs_tmp"-file,
but then suddenly the discussion is about directory locking, which is about "sync.ffs_lock"-files ...
while the error code does not suggest that directory locking is the problem.
Site Admin

Zenju

I find the discussion above hard to follow, as an error occurred with a "*.ffs_tmp"-file,
but then suddenly the discussion is about directory locking, which is about "sync.ffs_lock"-files ...
while the error code does not suggest that directory locking is the problem. Plerry, 11 Jul 2018, 12:23
Ha, you're right, of course! This is not about "LockDirectoriesDuringSync", but "fail-safe file copy", which can be disabled inside menu->tools: options.