USB Corrupt?

Get help for specific problems

AgentSmith

I was trying to get my USB files synced to another External Backup Drive. Don't remember exactly what I tried etc, but now the USB dont work as it should. It's a Lexar 256GB S75. Now it works fine to transfer files from computer to computer or other drives, but it is super slow when trying to create a new folder, or executing software on the usb. Things like Speccy Portable, CrystalDisk Info etc. The USB Drive works but it is dirt slow now for what I use it for all the time, creating new files and executing software as said. Don't know what to do. I looked at the System Volume Information Folder but can't really tell anything by just looking at it. I even tried to Delete the "LightningSand.CFD" but could not, so I Renamed it and it went away. Then I removed the USB and re-inserted and the "LightningSand.CFD" came back, as I thought it might.

I just tried to copy a little .txt document over to it and it must have taken at least thirty seconds, with only one word on it. So it seems some files don't copy over properly either.

I also ran sfc /scannow.

I was wondering if there is a way to wipe what is in the FreeFileSync file logs on this usb, as that is what I believe the LightningSand.CFD is for right?

Another thing I did was Sync on two different computers. Meaning I have FFS on two computers, and use the program to sync the USB to two different external drives. Either way, I think I need to start over if that is possible.

On the "Synchronization Window" "Include Symbolic Links" I checked the box and chose "Direct" don't know if this is good or not, but it seemed the right choice. This USB has lot's of my clients files, so there are many Sym Links on it all in their folders.

Does someone have an answer or some diagnostics I could try.

Thanks, AgentSmith