New logfiles folder

Get help for specific problems

bgregory02

I gather in 10.3 all log files are now created in \users\xxxx\Appdata\Roaming\FreefileSync\Logs. Is there any way to specify the log file location as was in 10.2?

cybermcm

+1 for this option. I use a central log directory where I parse the files with Powershell. It's not really great if the log files are kept in an unchangeable folder. Please reconsider to bring this option back.
thanks and keep up the good work!

jclarytx3

Same here. Using symbolic link for a temporary fix.

bgregory02

I would use the Symbolic Link but I use multiple log folders based on what the sync does. It was really nice to be able to specify a different log folder for each sync job. Hope it makes its way back.

jclarytx3

you could run a couple of commands prior to running the sync. First line would delete the \log symbolic link, the 2nd would create a new \log symbolic link pointing to the proper directory. A pain, but should work.

Gama

This change forcing a location for log files after updating to 10.3 is totally illogical and heavy handed, as well as impractical and inconvenient for many. Such an arbitrary and authoritarian decision assumes that the programmer at minimum think he/she knows better than the user, or worse does not care what the user wants or needs.

bgregory02

jclarytx3

Since the log file names have the same name as the sync job, I think I'm going to write a VB program that moves the files from the common folder to my individual folders. Either way it's a pain. I can see where you might want a common log folder but having the option would be better.