KB/MB per second peters out to 0 KB per second after synchronizing for 30 seconds to 1 minute...

Get help for specific problems

Daniel Morrow

KB/MB per second peters out to 0 KB per second after synchronizing for 30 seconds to 1 minute... Any ideas pretty please? I'd love to figure out all of the unintuitive facets to this application. It has tremendous potential, i'd rather not have to dual boot into windows just to synchronize files with sync toy!

Daniel Morrow

I started getting i/O errors and eventually discovered that the target hard drive in the file folder pairs had developed a corrupted partition table. It took me a long time to find a solution and when I did I created a new partition table (I think I couldn't have done this in my dual booted windows) from gparted and then created a new partition and then tried ffs freefilesync and it works like a charm now. I have had 2 hard drives develope a corrupted partition table after using Linux distributions separately and literally years apart twice now. I can't remember how I repaired that the first time without losing data but thankfully this time the particular hard drive in question has always been dedicated to freefilesync and this was it's first successful use so no data was lost from the corrupted partition table problem. What might have contributed to the failure is I inappropriately used wildcards some in the file and folder pairs paths at first and I might have done that similarly years ago with other software tools when that other hard drive failed. Also - both hard drives in question i was sharing with windows. Back then the operating system I was using was an early version of Ubuntu and now I have been using Linux mint, and the other operating system in both cases was windows. Any ways freefilesync is working great now, thanks to any if you who took the time to read my post and request for help here, I think my problem is resolved. Any one else with this problem can now read my post and learn the solution.