FFS cannot access FreeNAS

Get help for specific problems

kingedward3753

Originally, this was a very useful program.
When Win8 and 8.1 came along, problems followed. I used FFS to sync with a FreeNAS server on my network.
It is visible in Windows.
It cannot be accessed from FFS.
I would think this would be a common problem with a common fix, but apparently it is not. I have followed what little information I have found on the forum and via google, but simply 'run as administrator' doesn't work. Its odd that if I map the network drive, view and access it in Windows Explorer that FFS doesn't even show it. When I cut and paste the exact path, FFS will not access it.
I have seen several similar threads in this forum, but none of them have an answer.
My attempts in the forum are all dead ends, so this is a last effort to get some help.
If you know how to get a new installation of FFS to run under Win8.1 and access NAS, please let me know.
Signed,
Frustrated
Site Admin

Zenju

This seems to be a recurring issue but I couldn't find the best thread quickly, maybe this one:
viewtopic.php?t=1178&p=5159#p5159

General issue: mapped network shares are only visible to your user account, but not for other accounts or the admin account. So you need to make sure to setup task scheduler to run under your account - or don't use mapped shares, but UNC syntax instead.