Free File Sync No Longer Working

Get help for specific problems

deejayeh

Hi,

I am using the donation edition and since the upgrade to version 10.3 it has stopped working. All I get is a message about the change of log file location and a note to go the GUI and res-ave the file - but no amount of re-saving changes the offending line. I can't work out what the manual edit should be.

In consequence the batch jobs all return an error status and all my jobs therefore about after the first batch item.

In addition the use of APPDATA to store the log files is a pure disaster - it now means I will have to write code to move them to a better place.

PLEASE undo this change ASAP and provide advice about how I can get my backups working again

As you can imagine this is URGENT. I look forward to a prompt reply - especially as I am using the donation edition.

David

deejayeh

More playing around and the GUI finally re-saved a copy of the file with the following line:

<LogfileFolder MaxCount=100>C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\FreeFileSync\Logs</LogfileFolder>

However when opening as a batch file I get an "error parsing file" at line 52 (this line) char 36 which is the end of the '100' . Why? What is wrong? Please resolve asap

deejayeh

OK, 10.4 (Beta) does the job. Thanks for the quick response. How do I get back to the donation edition when 10.4 is properly released?

sunqianzu

following:viewtopic.php?t=5579
“Fixed for the next release: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f6qjqahhrqc9smc/FreeFileSync_10.4_%255BBeta%255D_Windows_Setup.exe