Verifying copied files not always working

Get help for specific problems

TheExpert

Hi all,

I configured FreeFileSync to always verify the copied files, as it's described in https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=expert-settings.

In the past this worked for all synchronisations. But since a few days the verification is only working for 2 of 5 batch jobs using FreeFileSync 10.4 Beta. I had to reconfigure the batch jobs because I'm using a new synchronisation destination. Because of a global setting of this feature I don't have an idea why the verification is not always working for all my batch jobs. There's no override available for this option in a single batch configuration.

Does someone have an idea what the reason for this strange behavior could be?

Thank You

TheExpert

TheExpert

Hi all,

I still have the issue that verifying the copied files isn't always done by FreeFileSync. I don't know if this is a bug of the release 10.4 Beta.

Can someone help?

Thank you

TheExpert

TheExpert

Hi all,

I found out that the GlobalSettings.xml file is saved per user account in the APP data folder of the user profile. Because I've running FreeFileSync under other user credentials the GlobalSettings.xml of this user is used and not the one where I configured the file verification.

I save now the GlobalSettings.xml file with the activated verification to another folder and try to set the path to this file as a parameter by starting FreeFileSync per command line. But the command
FreeFileSync.exe "D:\Backup Projects.ffs_batch" "D:\GlobalSettings.xml"
doesnt' seem to work as expected. The verification is still not working.

Does anyone know how to start FreeFileSync from the command line with setting parameters for the batch file and the settings file?

Kind Regards

TheExpert
Site Admin

Zenju

FreeFileSync.exe "D:\Backup Projects.ffs_batch" "D:\GlobalSettings.xml"
TheExpert, 20 Oct 2018, 05:04
The syntax looks good, this should work and if not FreeFileSync will show an error dialog.

TheExpert

Hi Zenju,

OK, thank you. I found out what I've done wrong when testing this option. It seems to work as expected.

Kind Regeards

TheExpert