Is there a basic tutorial for MAC users?

Discuss new features and functions

Strummer55

Is there a basic tutorial for MAC users?
I searched YouTube and the FreeFileSync website but nothing concrete.
I'm mainly planning on taking an external hard drive (master backup) and continually making a second backup on another drive...

Thanks.

Strummer55

Yes. And I'm asking if there is a tutorial for Mac users.

Radish

I had a look on the web myself and don't see anything specific to a MAC. But then I'm thinking that it probably doesn't matter. I'd be very surprised if the same principles used by FFS for Windows (what I use) weren't the same as the principles that would be used for a MAC. Maybe a MAC and Windows user could comment on this.

Personally, I found using FFS a bit confusing at first but I set aside an afternoon to just experiment with it, using test folders as the left and right pairing and small size test files. After a couple of hours of experimenting I understood FFS well enough to actually start using it on 'live files' so to speak. The only thing I had real trouble understanding was versioning and where to put the folder for versions, but I asked in this forum and got very helpful answers that cleared up the 'issues' I thought I had found.

Best thing to do, Strummer, is watch a couple a couple of videos then experiment on your own using test folders and files. The penny will drop pretty quickly once you start just testing. If you come across a specific aspect that you don't understand then you can ask for help on that aspect at this forum.

Also did you see these Tutorial videos: https://freefilesync.org/tutorials.php. There should be enough information in them to allow you to start testing on your own account.

Strummer55

I'll try that. Thanks for your help.