Free File Sync Changes Folder Names

Get help for specific problems

princeedwardh

Hello, I have used Free File Sync for quite some time. I really do like it.

I want to sync my video files from my desktop hard drive to an external hard drive.

The desktop hard drive folder name is Video.

In Free File Sync 10.4 (and earlier versions) after selecting my hard drive folder Video and then selecting my external hard drive folder video to to an Update, Free File Snyc changes in the bar at the top right Video to Videos. When doing a comparison, Free File Sync will delete all files in the external hard drive Video and create a new folder named Videos in which to conduct the sync.

Desktop Hard Drive: E:\Video
External Hard Drive: G:\Video

Free File Sync wants to sync: E:\Video to G:\Videos

The result is a mismatch of folder names, Video on my desktop and Videos on my external hard drive.

How do I fix this issue?

Please Note: I have been using computers since 1978. I am not a novice. My software vendors call me a "power user", which I am most certainly not. I have been forced to learn how to debug software. Here, I cannot figure out a final resolution.

Many Thank Yous,

markusoft

I do not seem to have an issue
is one of your folders a SYMBOLIC Link??

princeedwardh

I have no clue.

I bought a new external HD. I created a folder named Video. I tried to sync. Free File Sync then behaved as I described.

FFF

I have no clue.

I bought a new external HD. I created a folder named Video. I tried to sync. Free File Sync then behaved as I described. princeedwardh, 04 Oct 2018, 09:52
Problem could have to do with Windows - as it has a folder "Videos" by default, which might be handled "special".
If the problem only happens with this name, i'd change source and target to e.t. "myVideo"...
Rarely a good idea to fight the OS ;)