please allow to change FTP timeout duration

Get help for specific problems

sylvainf

Hello,

I am syncing files between 2 Windows 2012 servers, with a FTP connection. The remote server has a slow RAID array.
FreeFileSync gives a lot of errors : « CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT: FTP response timeout »

Using Filezilla FTP client, I was able to confirm that the following things happen :

- the client sends the data to the server (for example a 2 GB file)
- the client is done sending data
- the FTP server calls the "FlushFileBuffers" Windows API function
- flushing the buffer takes more than 10 seconds, sometimes more than 1 minute
- by setting the Filezilla Client timeout to a large value (300 seconds), I was able to successfully upload files with it
- with FFS as a client, FFS waits 10 seconds after it's done sending data, then it opens a new connection to the server and checks the remote file size. The file size is zero, because the buffers are still in the process of writing to disk. So that file transfer is marked as failed.

This problem could be solved by having a larger timeout duration, with a setting in the GUI, instead of having it hardcoded. Could you please add an option for this ?
Site Admin

Zenju

Done. Timeouts for FTP and SFTP connections can now be entered in the cloud folder picker. Let me know if there are any issues: https://www.mediafire.com/file/depp4e1d66sueon/FreeFileSync_10.5_%5BBeta%5D_Windows_Setup.exe

MarkB

This Beta version is working for me. I set the timeout to 120 seconds and ran it against a series of folders containing roughly 50000 files each and it pulled the directory listings correctly for the comparison phase and it is currently running the sync portion, which appears to to be progressing correctly.

sylvainf

Transfer completed successfully =)
This solved my problem, thanks a lot !