How does one use the Donation Edition Setup Key to activate the application?

Get help for specific problems

StarlightDreamwalker

Hallowes to Everyone

I have just installed the FreeFileSync Donation Edition and this may seem like easy peasy stuff to experienced techies but I have no idea if the Donation Edition is already fully activated having somehow read the setup key from my freeFileSync folder or if I have to do something to activate it somehow.

I tried clicking on the key file and got an error message

I looked in tools on the menu bar saw the key symbol that said find, so i clicked on that which brought up an input field in the lower right of the application GUI with the Red X to the left of it and I tried right clicking and left clicking in the input field and nothing happened. I then clicked on Find and that did nothing, I even tried copying the setup key file and pasting it to the input field and still nothing

I have tried finding the answer in FAQs unsuccessfully and in the User Manual and in the tutorials and unless i have missed it, which i could easily have done at my age, there does not appear to be anything about it in any of them.

I searched the Forum and found 2 or 3 posts about the same thing but no one has written any answers except "Huh?"

So my questions are quite simple:

1. Is the Donation Edition somehow fully activated?

If the answer is yes then all is good.

If the answer is no then all is still good but that brings up the second question:

2. How in Good Heavens name do I use the Setup Key to register and activate the FreeFileSync Donation Edition, please?

Computing is not a speciality of mine. I am a Survival instructor or was and as such i am more at home in the mountains, jungles, deserts and snow covered wildernesses. Those are my fields of expertise not Computing Fields etc.

So any help given by any of you young computing wizards will be greatly appreciated on my part. Thanking you in anticipation of a good guide to materialise out of the woods.

Yours respectfully

Starlight
Site Admin

Zenju

The key file is used automatically during installation. When you start FreeFileSync, you'll see the term "Donation Edition" in the application title bar, and also in the about dialog.

Radish

When you start FreeFileSync, you'll see the term "Donation Edition" in the application title bar . . .Zenju, 06 Oct 2018, 08:02
Zenju should have added that you will only see "[Donation Edition]" in the application title bar if, in the Configuration pane, the "<Last Session>" item is highlighted/selected. If you have previous sync configuration files loaded and one of them is highlighted/selected when you launch FFS then you won't see the "[Donation Edition]" text at all.