Set it to run

Discuss new features and functions

Carl Thomas

I have three jobs that I have to run manually. How can I set these three jobs too start and run by their self at 10:30 A.M.? Can you tell me how to do this in detailed steps?
Attachments
steps.jpg
steps.jpg (12.29 KiB) Viewed 817 times

Plerry

Carl Thomas

Yes I checked the manual but the manual looks so much different then what Windows r look's like. So how do I set it up in Window 10?
Attachments
task.jpg
task.jpg (111 KiB) Viewed 800 times

Plerry

The manual looks exactly like what the Task Scheduler looks like in Windows 10 ...
Obviously one starts at the page you show above.
If you look at the manual page, you see (in the heading) it shows the critical wizard step for Creating a Basic Task.
All previous wizard steps are straight-forward.
So, on your page above, click Create Basic Task under Action.
Simply follow the wizard steps of defining a Name and Optionally a description (next), define a Trigger e.g. Daily(next), e.g. define Startdate, time and frequency (next), Start a program (next), now you are at the critical Manual page, fill in the correct details (next), Finish.
If you need more flexibility (e.g. run the task with specific user credentials) select Create Task (instead of the Create Basic Task wizard) under Action.
In Create Task, in the Actions tab you need to enter the same details as shown in the Manual page.

Carl Thomas

Plerry thank you for your help but I am not understanding this. I have even looked at other sights. These three files start the three jobs. So would you give me more detailed such as: Step 1, Step 2, ect. I sorry but I just don't know what to do and how to do it.

Thanks.
Carl
C drive.jpg
C drive.jpg (20.87 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Driv HIJ.jpg
Driv HIJ.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Attachments
snap.jpg
snap.jpg (23.9 KiB) Viewed 777 times

Carl Thomas

Hi Plerry. Have you looked at the images I sent you? How can I create a batch file so that it will run all tree of these?

Diver

Follow this page for more detail: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=schedule-batch-jobs
Basically for the manual sync job you have right now, you need to do these steps.
1. Select the job you want to schedule to start automatically
2. Select file > Save as batch job
3. Click on the start menu and search for "Task Manager"
5. Go to the link above and follow the section with this heading "A. Windows Task Scheduler"