FTP two-way sync?

Discuss new features and functions

guemi

Hello,

I have a scenario where I want to upload files to an FTP server. The FTP server will then delete the file as it has been handled and once that happens, I want it to be deleted from my source folder.

I've set it up like this with a network drive as left side, and FTP on right side.

The database file sync.ffs_db is located and saved on the network drive / left side).

However, when deleting files on the FTP server, what happens the next time I run the script / batch job is that it reuploads the file deleted rather than deleting it on the network drive / left side.

How do I work around this?

Setup looks like this:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (65.92 KiB) Viewed 1496 times

Logs does tell me:
Cannot change the time setting for "ftp://ftp.domain.com/F11/delnote/1190005993.jpg".
Server does not support the MFMT command.
Is that the issue? That it cannot locate the files from the FTP because the timestamp is wrong?

Diver

As far as I know, FreeFileSync Creates a database file on both sides of the two way sync in the top directory of each side. If your ftp server is clearing the folder of everything including the database file, then FreeFileSync will not know that the file was deleted. I think you need to put an exception into your ftp servers delete process so that it does not remove the database file. This will probably fix your issue.

guemi

No database file is created on the FTP server and I have yet not started deleting files, I am doing it manually so I have not deleted the database file either.

Diver

Sorry for not replying sooner. Using 2 way sync, the DB file should be created on the ftp server. I am not sure why this isn't working though. I see that you do have detect moved files selected. This should cause FFS to create a db file on your server to track deletions.