4 files have been corrupted and can't be erased

Get help for specific problems

abwfl

All of sudden I get this error when I try to back up:

11:07:16 AM Error Cannot move file
"H:\FFS onHF\ThundB\App\thunderbird\ldap60.35a0.ffs_tmp" to
"H:\FFS onHF\ThundB\App\thunderbird\ldap60.dll".
Error Code 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. [MoveFileEx]
11:07:17 AM Error Cannot move file
"H:\FFS onHF\ThundB\App\thunderbird\mozMapi32.a50c.ffs_tmp" to
"H:\FFS onHF\ThundB\App\thunderbird\mozMapi32.dll".
Error Code 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. [MoveFileEx]
11:07:17 AM Error Cannot move file
"H:\FFS onHF\ThundB\App\thunderbird\nssckbi.6580.ffs_tmp" to
"H:\FFS onHF\ThundB\App\thunderbird\nssckbi.dll".
11:07:38 AM Error Cannot move file
"H:\FFS onHF\FrmFL4NY\back\Aw2\My Documents\iou.6415.ffs_tmp" to
"H:\FFS onHF\FrmFL4NY\back\Aw2\My Documents\iou.123".

I have gone into the directories and tried to erase some of those corrupted files directly, but I get "an unexpected error is keeping you from deleting that file". The files show 0 bytes in properties. I'm using Windows 10.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Alan

Radish

Well, if you are sure you want to delete the files, then give IObit Unlocker (Portable) a try. See if that helps. To use it just download the installer. 'Install' to a folder of your choice. Then launch it via the file titled IObitUnlockerPortable.exe inside the folder you 'installed' to.

Note that this is a portable so nothing actually gets 'installed' to your system in a conventional way. So if you try it and it doesn't work then just delete the folder you 'installed' to and it is all gone.

abwfl

Thank you very much, but unfortunately it didn't work. Unlocker said the file wasn't locked.
Note: When I try to delete one of the problem files I get error code 0x80070570 the directory is corrupted and unreadable. These corrupted files are all in the FFS saved folder on a usb drive. Perhaps I should just delete the whole thing and start over? If so, any tips or warnings?

Radish

No tips or warnings I'm afraid, not an area of expertise on my part. If it was me I would reformat the drive and try again. If the same kind of thing was happening then I'd guess the drive was flaky and get a new one. That said, your guess would be as good as mine.

abwfl

Good News: Chkdsk solved the problem.

Radish

Yes, I just thought of that myself and was going to post in. Glad it got solved!