[Feature Request] Delete content from source that is successfully sync'd

Discuss new features and functions

T0s1s

Hi there,

I've been evaluating Free File Sync for my needs and have found it a great fit for the simpler tasks. I do have a few requests and would appreciate some feedback from Zenju on the proability of implementation.

One such feature I'd greatly appreciate and already use frequently in SyncBack SE on Windows is the ability to delete individual items from the source once they have been successfully sync'd.

Example: "/source_folder/*.doc" is synced to "/destination_folder". The files "one.doc" and "22.doc" are successfully copied, but "three.doc" fails for a given reason. Upon completion of the sync, the first two files are deleted from the source directory, but the third remains, potentially to be reattempted upon the next scheduled / manual sync run.

This would mean the ability to create a drop folder on various computers around the home, all of which could be polled, copied from, and cleared by scheduled sync job(s) run from a central location.

I realise that subdirectory handling isn't included in my example - I've no opinion at this time about whether a sync'd subdirectory that was cleared of all content in this way should be removed as well.

Many thanks for consideration.

T0s1s